Ok, so you have some tools built and you have a basic understanding of Python and Maya but you want to start customizing things a bit more, maybe the ‘plastique’ style UI just isn’t as cool as it used to be and you want your tools to have a uniform or unique style to them. This is where stylesheets come into play.
No doubt if you have searched Google you have found the post in TAO that Yasin Uludag started where he released his “darkorange” stylesheet. This is a great resource to get started, but I think there are some details still missing on how to get it setup and working so I decided to make a simple tutorial on how to get a basic application started. This tutorial features the following:
- How to create a simple PyQt application
- How to create and compile a .qrc file for icons
- Edit Yasin’s stylesheet to create your own style
- Have the application set some options to send to mayapy and create a maya file
- maybe create your own app to compile .qrc files to .py files easier
<RCC> <qresource> <file>images/checkbox.png</file> <file alias="down_arrow.png">images/down_arrow.png</file> <file>images/handle.png</file> </qresource> </RCC>
pyrcc4 icons.qrc -o icons.py
Trackback from your site.